The following dating tips for women are based on research and personal experience. Most of them are exclusive to women and not applicable for use by men, although they may benefit by reading them. The same is true of the ones for men; women may benefit by reading them as well.
1. Games will never get you what you truly want. If you want a quality relationship, be a quality partner by being honest, sincere, and genuine. These women and men always end up with the best relationships. Those who have bought into Hollywood’s formula for getting what you want through tricks and schemes usually end up like the “actors” themselves: divorced and broken hearted.
2. Accept nothing less than advanced plans and full attentiveness. If he is not giving you enough advanced notice when he asks you for a date, or he has no plans when he picks you up, or he’s not attentive during your dates, move on! If he’s doing any of these things he has little interested in you. Don’t waste your time! You deserve more. If you don’t feel you deserve more than you should not be dating until you’ve taken the necessary actions to feel worthy.
3. Two week acid test. If you haven’t heard from him within two (2) weeks after your last date, move on! Don’t allow yourself to take it personally, even if you had a great time! Don’t waste your time trying to figure it out. Just get yourself back out there!
4. Proportional courtesy. Order food, drinks, and anything else in an amount equal to what he orders. Men really appreciate this. Many men believe that a woman’s behavior in these situations is a reflection of her character.
5. Demonstrate appreciation. Eat, drink, use, and wear what he buys for you. Men really appreciate this as well. Shopping for women’s things is very difficult for most men. When you soothe their shaky confidence in this area by using or wearing something they bought for you it’s truly a delightful event for most men.
6. All money matters. Show your appreciation for the money he spends on you regardless of the amount. You never know what his financial situation might be. You’ll have a better time and you’ll be viewed in a more positive light if you have no expectations about how much a man SHOULD spend on you.
7. Giving merry-go-round. Reciprocate for things that the man has purchased for you by doing something special for him periodically. Even a dinner at home or a small gift “of interest to him” would be appreciated.
8. Ex talk contaminates dates. Do not talk about an ex boy friend, ex husband, or any former love interest of any kind ever! There may be an appropriate time in the future for such a conversation, but it serves no useful purpose during the early stages of dating.
9. Save your life story for your autobiography. Don’t tell him your whole life story right away. Prolong the mystery. In fact, always try to maintain some degree of anonymity in some area of your personality or life, as it naturally provokes more excitement. Mystery is a mental aphrodisiac!
10. Being yourself is your best act. Don’t try to impress your date with the people you know, places you’ve been, or your body measurements. Using these things to win man over will only attract those with superficial intentions. Win them over by showing them the qualities you have inside by simply being yourself.
11. Keep your eyes pretty. Do not check out other men. Even when done on the sly many men will pick it up. Loyalty is one of the most important qualities that men look for in a woman. If he sees you looking at other men, he will start to question your ability to be loyal.
12. Comments don’t justify. Do not comment on the good looks of another man OR woman regardless whether it is in-person, on a screen, or in a magazine. These comments don’t explain your gawking to a man. They just further complicate the issue of loyalty.
13. Trust your intuition. Do not continue to date a man if you know he’s not right for you. Don’t keep him around until you find someone better. That’s not fair to him or you. Don’t waste your time. Do what’s right. Have the courage to move on!
14. Always look your best. Try to look your best and wear what is appropriate regardless of the occasion or activity. Don’t get lazy, ever!
15. Keep his head turning to look at you! Find out what he likes you to wear. To learn about everything he likes, you’ll need to ask him for specific details. Men have strong visual needs. There is no getting around this fact. This doesn’t mean short skirts and a lot of makeup for all men. For example, some men love to see a woman in nice fitting jeans and a minimal amount of makeup.
16. Show it if you feel it. Show your excitement to see him when he comes to pick you up if you sincerely feel that way. This will establish a heartwarming tradition that he’ll love.
17. The ultimate dating tip! Do not have sex with him on the first date. In fact, don’t have sex with him until YOU are ready. During the heat of the moment, men will say things to get sex that they believe are true then, but later when their head clears they often feel completely different.
The most important secret that a woman needs to know is that when you have sex with a man on the first date it establishes doubt in a man’s mind about your ability to be faithful. It also does nothing to establish any respect. If you resist him, he will respect you for it. The more you resist him the more he will respect you. If he is truly interested in you he will want you more and he will wait patiently until you are ready. If he doesn’t wait he was not very interested in you, therefore he’s not worth your time.
If you want to have the BEST lovemaking experience of your life, become best friends FIRST and then make love. I assure you, it is worth the wait!
18. Haste makes waste. Do not rush any aspect of the relationship building process. Resist the temptation to create instant closeness. No one likes to be pressured to feel a certain way. Allow the relationship to build naturally. If you rush it, you’ll get unnatural results. If you’re patient, it can become what you want.
19. Men are like lions. They don’t get too excited or aroused unless they have to chase after a lioness a bit. If the lioness is too tricky or runs too fast, however, the lion will just give up.
20. Trickery is a deception of self. Do not resort to any tricks or manipulation to get a man to commit to you. Pretending that another man is interested in you, faking a pregnancy, or actually getting yourself pregnant always leads to disaster. A relationship built on deception can never flourish.